Life Groups have one simple purpose: to bring people together for growth and encouragement. We believe God created us to live in relationships with others. Only then can we live the full life He intends for us. Sharing life through community is part of our design, but meaningful relationships aren’t always easy to find. That’s why Life Groups exist—to make these life-changing relationships relevant and accessible to you.
Podcasts, social media, and friends and family are full of positions and opinions on every topic. Gender identity, the origin of the universe, the sanctity of life, the cry for justice―the debates seem endless. Many Christians have ideas and opinions on these cultural issues, but many have not carefully reasoned them through from a biblical worldview. In a culture in which the Bible is scorned and Christianity is disdained, Christians need to understand the biblical position on cultural issues. And they need to, in the words of 1 Peter 3:15, “be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear.” Avoiding Confusion is more than a thirteen-lesson small group study; it’s a guide for helping God’s people navigate the difficult societal landscape in which they live. Sometimes Christians get confused by the many voices and overwhelming opinions surrounding them. But the Bible has clear answers to help us avoid confusion and move forward with godly confidence and critical clarity.
What if God designed marriage to make you holy instead of happy? What if your relationship isn't as much about you and your spouse as it is about you and God?
Within the pages of Sacred Marriage, Thomas invites you to see how God can use your relationship with your spouse as a discipline and a motivation to love God more and reflect more of the character of his Son.
In addition to life-changing insights from Scripture, church history, and time-tested wisdom from Christian classics, you'll find practical advice and techniques to make your marriage happier by becoming holier husbands and wives.
In Sacred Marriage, Thomas will give you all of the tools you need to:
- Turn marital struggles into spiritual and personal appreciation
- Love your spouse with a stronger sense of purpose
- Confront your weaknesses and sin in order to grow your relationship with God and with your spouse
- Partner in the spiritual growth and character formation of your spouse
- Transform a tired marriage into a relationship filled with awe and respect
Thomas reveals that sacred marriages teach us to love God and others well by fostering a healthy sex life, a strong prayer life, and a rich spiritual life. God uses our marriages to help us grow in character, in prayer, in worship, and in service--we just have to recognize that the purpose of marriage is holiness, not happiness.
How God Makes Men
Let’s face it—men today are under severe attack. The battle line against biblical manhood is clearly drawn and fiercely contested. More than ever, men who want to follow Christ are asking:
• Why is it so hard to live an authentic Christian life?
• Who will show me how to thrive as a father, a husband, and on the job?
• What should I do when I’m being tested to the breaking point?
Fortunately, the Bible preserves crucial details about the powerful lessons learned by men who have already faced and answered these questions. In How God Makes Men, renowned expert on men’s issues Patrick Morley takes you into Scripture for a first-hand encounter with:
• Ten epic stories of the Bible’s most talked-about men
• Ten proven principles—based on their failures and successes—that show how God works in a man’s life, and how you can cooperate with Him in yours
• The huge promise that you can become the man God created you to be
Don’t settle for less. Join Patrick on this epic adventure of becoming God’s man. You’ll discover how to prevail in tough times and release God’s power in every area of your life.
Good Boundaries and Goodbyes
Is it unloving or selfish to set a boundary? And what does the Bible instruct us to do when a relationship is no longer safe or sustainable? Lysa TerKeurst deeply understands these hard questions in the midst of relational struggles. But after thousands of hours of counseling intensives and extensive theological research that transformed the way she defines healthy relationships, Lysa is now more committed than ever to loving people well without losing the best of who she is. She wants to help you do the same. In these pages, Lysa will help you:
- Understand the five factors to remember when implementing healthy boundaries.
- Determine the appropriate amount of personal and emotional access someone has to you.
- Stop being misled and emotionally paralyzed by wrongly interpreted or weaponized scriptures.
- Overcome the frustrating cycle of ineffective boundary-setting with realistic scripts and practical strategies to help you communicate, keep and implement healthier patterns.
- Be equipped to say goodbye without guilt when a relationship has shifted from difficult to destructive and is no longer sustainable.
- Receive therapeutic wisdom you can trust directly from Lysa’s Christian counselor Jim Cress, who weighs in throughout the book.